Friends of the Earth have identified in a FOI request that fracking company INEOS Shale would like to carry out seismic testing on Nottinghamshire County Council owned land. The request came at the end of 2016 however council officers decided to delay a decision on it due to the issue being politically sensitive, thanks to the huge anti-fracking rally that was held at Sherwood Forest at the beginning of January 2017 (we are making a difference! – thank you to those that attended).
The county council have now confirmed that a decision on this will now be made by county councillors on the Policy Committee, at their meeting on Wednesday 19th July. The members on this committee are:
- Cllr Kay Cutts (Chairman), Radcliffe on Trent
- Reg Adair (Vice Chairman), Leake & Ruddingt0n
- Chris Barnfather, Newstead
- Kevin Rostance, Hucknall West
- Richard Butler, Cotgrave
- Joyce Bosnjak, Mansfield North
- Andy Sissons, Mansfield South
- Samantha Deakin, Sutton Central & East
- Glynn Gilfoyle, Worksop East
- Kate Foale, Kate Foale
- Bruce Laughton, Muskham & Farnsfield
- Richard Jackson, Toton, Chilwell & Attenborough
- John Peck, Sherwood Forest
- Philip Owen, Nuthall & Kimberley
- Mike Pringle, Ollerton
- Alan Rhodes, Worksop North
- Stuart Wallace, Newark East
- Muriel Weisz, Arnold South
- Jason Zadrozny, Ashfields
Actions you can take
We urge you write to the above members and ask that they vote to reject seismic surveys on County Council land. CLICK HERE for details of all members. If you would like to just write to one person, choose the chair Kay Cutts and ask her to distribute your letter to other members.
Use the talking points here to help you – but please write a letter in your own words
We also suggest that if any of the above councillors is your County Councillor (look up via writetothem.com) then write to them and ask to meet them and when you meet them, ask them to vote to reject seismic surveys on County Council land.
Other talking points
- Use points about issues of seismic surveys
- Use points about INEOS
- Mention the dodgy link between Fisher German and FGP
If you meet them, we suggest you give them our ‘Do Your Street’ green leaflet. If you need copies of this, please email us.
Time is of the essence and we need to get speaking to these Councillors as soon as possible.
Please let us know how you get on.
We also propose a gathering outside County Hall on the day of the decision. This won’t be confirmed until a week beforehand.