There are two sites in Nottinghamshire that are at the front line of the fracking battle.
- Misson Springs
- Tinker Lane (Barnby Moor/Blyth)
The shale gas exploratory drilling application (Application number ES/3379) was submitted in November 2015 with comments open until December 2015. Early in 2016, Nottinghamshire County Council asked IGas for more information relating to their application. They have given IGas until the end of July to provide them with this information. Once this information has been provided, there will be a short public consultation on the new information. If IGas provide this information sooner than July, then the planning committee could make a decision before July. If IGas don’t provide the information until July then the decision won’t be until September/October. Knowing this, it doesn’t give us long to ensure that this application is rejected.
Should this application be approved, it will set a precedent in planning terms for the gas industry. Given the recent awarding of many licences around Nottinghamshire, we can expect a rapid industrialisation of our rural county that does not have the infrastructure to support the industry. Remember this one chance to stop the industry and if it is not seized there will be no going back.
- Write to Nottinghamshire County Council Planning Committee Members (see below for addresses). Here’s a sample letter to start you off, but remember that writing your own concerns in your own words will have more impact. Have a look here if you want to include more detail.
- Write to your Nottinghamshire County Councillor expressing your concerns
- Sign up to our mailing list & keep checking our website for the up-to-date news on the application.
- Please join us to demonstrate when the Planning Committee meet to decide this application, and then pack the chamber with local people opposed to fracking in our county
Tinker Lane (Barnby Moor/Blyth)
In 2015, IGas acquired agricultural land between Barnby Moor and Blyth and told us their commitments to carry out exploratory drilling at the site. They immediately put up fences, several huts, security men and security cameras, without asking for permission to do so. At present, Bassetlaw District Council’s legal team are investigating into whether this was a legal action.
In 2015, IGas held several drop-in surgeries about the Tinker Lane site and stated that they aim to submit a planning application for shale gas exploratory drilling in Spring 2016 (April 2016). So we can expect to see a planning application any day now.
- Once the planning application is submitted, we need thousands of objects, so please ensure you object. Keep your eye out on our website for information on some guidance for how you can object
- Copy your objection to the Nottinghamshire County Council Planning Committee and your own County Councillor.
- Join the demonstrations that will happen around this site. Keep an eye out on our social media channels and newsletter for these
Planning committee members
- Cllr Andrew Brown, 16 Hawley Close, East Leake, Notts, LE12 6NB firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Roy Allan, 9 Church Street, Arnold, Notts, NG5 8FD email@example.com
- Cllr Steve Calvert, 39 Musters Road, West Bridgford, Notts, NG2 7PQ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Jim Creamer, 35A Bramble Drive, Honeywood Gardens, Carlton Hill, Notts, NG3 6NL email@example.com
- Cllr Stan Heptinstall, 8 Cranston Road, Bramcote, Notts, NG9 3GU firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Rachel Madden, 28 Derby Road, Annesley, Notts, NG17 9BD email@example.com
- Cllr Sue Saddington, Springfield, North Muskham, Notts, NG23 6EZ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Andy Sissons, 31 Birkland Street, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 2QG email@example.com
- Cllr Keith Walker, 1 Fisher Close, Collingham, Notts, NG23 7SL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr John Wilkinson (Chair), 11A High Street, Hucknall, Notts, NG15 7HJ email@example.com
- Cllr Yvonne Woodhead, 3 Park Avenue, Blidworth, Notts, NG21 0SW firstname.lastname@example.org